Developments in the FinTech space are transforming financial services and blockchain and distributed ledger technology is at the forefront of this revolution.
Blockchain offers organizations the potential to achieve considerable cost savings, efficiencies, and resilience in relation to their payment and payment execution systems.
At its core, this course provides a grounded and organisationally relevant introduction to Blockchain and related cryptocurrency technology. Starting from first principles, the course approaches the technology from a number of different perspectives providing foundational knowledge that will enable delegates to return to their own organizations, or community projects, with a clear understanding of how this important technology impacts the bottom line.
Who should attend?
- Directors, strategists, managers and analysts who are covering line and project roles working in technology, operations, finance, government, charity, NGO and policy roles; and
- Commercial, legal, compliance and procurement teams.
How you will benefit:
At the end of this programme you will be able to understand the following topics:
Background and introduction:
- Why Blockchain is so important;
- Benefits and pitfalls considered;
- Overview of how is Blockchain used; and
- Alternative finance – linkage to alternative payment solutions.
- How organisations work and examples;
- The emergence of cryptocurrencies (and the Blockchain);
- Understating what money is and how does it acquire value;
- History of cryptocurrencies;
- Understating how Blockchains (and cryptocurrencies) work;
- The relationship between Blockchain and cryptocurrency;
- Understanding the basics of cryptography;
- Understanding wallets, sending and receiving Bitcoin;
- Building the Blockchain;
- Using a Blockchain;
- The community and governance;
- Regulation and the law;
- Coming to grips with how it is disrupting your business model;
- Core technology components;
- The relevance of Blockchain to your own organisation;
- Applying Blockchain across multiple organisations; and
- Understating where next for blockchain technology.
Fintech in Africa:
- Africa’s fintech market;
- Payment systems in Africa;
- Crowd funding for enterprise projects;
- Regulatory perspectives – existing and proposed.
An introduction to blockchain technology
Bitcoin and the curse of the double-spending problem
Costless verification: Blockchain technology and the last mile problem
Bootstrapping network effects through blockchain technology and cryptoeconomics
Using tokens to design new types of digital platforms
The future of blockchain technology, AI, and digital privacy